Mahogany Spring Lodge
Mahogany Springs offers privacy and serenity blended with optimal comfort in a spectacular setting.
The choice is yours as Mahogany Springs is for everyone who loves luxury retreat and Exclusivity
There is a Presidential/Family Suite, Honeymoon Suite and Superior Suite all with all the necessary facilities for luxury Retreat.
- Bird Watching– experienced bird watchers are known to identify up to 100 species a day in Bwindi. Bwindi contains 90% of all Albertine rift Endemic such as; the Short-tailed Warbler, Rusty-faced woodland Warbler, Bar-tailed Trogon, Gruel’s Rush Warbler, Wilcock’s Honey-guide, Yellow-eyed black Fly-catcher, Kivu Ground Thrush, Dusky Crimson Wing, White-tailed Blue Monarch among many others, difficult or impossible to see in any other part of East Africa.
- Tree Planting– Offset some of the carbon you have used on your trip by planting a tree or shrub within our grounds. Once you have taken part in this activity you can feature on our tree planting gallery if you agree. This activity must be booked by your tour operator prior to arrival – check out our tree planting gallery, you could feature here.
- Various nature walks– Take a beautiful walk through various trails in the forest to the see waterfalls and other marvels. This must be booked through your tour operator or locally.
- Meet the Batwa (Pigmies)– The Batwa tribe better known as the Pigmies only began leaving their forest homes around 15 years ago and still live locally. For the opportunity to meet them please book this activity with your tour operator or locally.
- Community Tour– This fantastic experience can be arranged when you are at Mahogany Springs. The Tour actually begins at Mahogany Springs where you walk across the river and around the Community. It can last 2-3 hours. On the Tour you will meet a local healer that will explain the various plants they use for medicinal purposes, you will then walk onto meet a few locals who will show you how they brew alcohol from Banana leaves, from there you will meet other members of the community including some of the local Batwa tribe.
- Garden Tour– Ask our Head Chef Subedi to give you a guided tour of our Vegetable garden so you can see that we only use the freshest ingredients.