Elewana Elsa’s Kopje
Elewana, Elsa’s Kopje is Named after Elsa the lioness, made famous by George and Joy Adamson’s biographical book and film Born Free.
Why do we recommend Elsa’s Kopje in East Africa?
- The beauty of this property is that every cottage offers the perfect ‘room-with-a-view’, uniquely designed and crafted to incorporate the natural features of the rocky hillside. An elegant and comfortable lounge and dining area, gorgeous infinity pool, and stunning sundowner viewpoint help make Elsa’s Kopje the ultimate safari retreat and destination spot
- For a family vacation, Elsa’s Private House is a spacious, stylish, exclusive hideaway set slightly apart from the main lodge. It has a large private living and dining area, leading seamlessly into a private garden and swimming pool.
- Rhino Sanctuary ~ Meru National Park incorporates an 84km² rhino sanctuary, home to over 70 white and 30 black rhinos, making Meru one of the best areas in Kenya to see rhinos in their natural habitat.
- The Adamson Story ~ The lodge is built overlooking the site of George Adamson’s camp at the foot of the hill and the park was the playground of Elsa the lioness of BornFree fame. The lodge is full of memorabilia and images of George, Joy and their lions.
- Exclusive Meru Park Safari ~ With only a handful of camps and lodges in and around Meru, Elsa’s guests have the luxury of enjoying the Park almost entirely to themselves. The lodge has a special license to walk, fish, and conduct night game drives (pre-dinner). The highest peak in MeruPark, Mughwango Hill enjoys 360° panoramas over the volcanic plains.
- Abundant Birdlife ~ For bird lovers, Meru offers spectacular bird watching opportunities, with over 450 species recorded in the park.
Restaurants and bars form a perfect match between hotel and nature and offer a real African atmosphere. A free welcome drink upon arrival. The resort offers breakfast, lunch and dinner in buffet style at the main restaurant. During the meals, soft drinks, a selection of wine & local beer, juices, water, tea, coffee are served. The bars are serving snacks, tea, coffee, soft drinks, cocktails, juices, water during assigned times.
- Shared game drives in custom 4×4 vehicles (exclusive use available at a day rate)
- Guided bush walks up Mughwango Hill (age restrictions apply to children under 16yrs) All bush walks are subject to the discretion of the lead guide due to the nature of the activity
- Bush meals and sundowners
- Fishing in the Tana or Rojewero rivers (catfish, tilapia and barbel)
- Visits to community projects and school supported by Land & Life Foundation
- Massage, manicures and pedicures
- Child-friendly activities
Open all year round, minimum 2 night stay.